We use your personal information only for providing and improving the Site and for facilitating this site’s intended purpose.
By using the Site, you consent to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy.
The Site reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Policy by posting the updated version on the Site. It is your responsibility to check this Policy periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of any changes to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
Collection of Information
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, sex, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, subscribe to our newsletter, upload or submit any material through the Site, or request any information;
- your log-in and password details in connection with the account sign-in process;
- details of any requests or transactions made by you through the Site;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns, or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- your chapter’s information (if applicable);
- campaign categories;
- information that you post to the Site in the form of comments or contributions to discussions; and
- IP addresses.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the Site’s functions;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
- present projects to you when you use the Site which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Site;
- administer your account with us;
- enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Site;
- analyze the use of the Site and the people visiting to improve our content and Site; and
- use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
The Project Creators never receive donors’ credit card information.
We may send you email relating to your personal transactions. We will keep these emails to a minimum.
You may also receive certain email notifications, for which you may opt-out.
We may send you Site-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
We never post anything to your accounts with Facebook, Twitter, or any other third-party sites without your permission.
Except for the purposes of providing the Site, we will not give your name or personal information to third parties.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different browsers. By blocking or deleting cookies used on our Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of our Site.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas of the Site becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by other users. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information through these public venues.
We reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or in the good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with the law.
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, please log in and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
By using the Site, you agree that all campaigns properly represent needs of the individual, entity and/or chapter.
Any payments of donations are final and non-refundable.
Ownership, Copyright and Trademarks
You may not sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, or modify the content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose.
Third party trademarks
Various company, product, and Site names displayed on the website may be trademarks or Site marks owned by others. Nothing on this website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Third-Party Trademark displayed on this website.
To make a claim of copyright infringement
Notifications of claimed copyright infringement under United States copyright law should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
License granted by User
We may, in our sole discretion, permit Users to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit content such as text, photographs, graphics, video or audio. By sharing any such User Content with us you agree to grant us, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way we want, including modifying or deleting it. The Site does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit any User Content.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all User Content that you make available through the website. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that:
- you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content that you make available through the website or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to the Site the rights in such User Content, as detailed above; and
- neither the User Content nor your posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmittal of the User Content or this site’suse of the User Content (or any portion thereof) on, through or by means of the website will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us.